We are pleased to announce that the Challenge COVIDSafe plan has now been implemented and we are able to gradually welcome our clients back to their Day Programs from Monday 1 June, 2020.
How we will keep you safe at your Day Program
Day Programs will be a little different to what we are used to as we continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
The Challenge COVIDSafe plan includes additional measures to keep our clients and staff members safe and healthy.
This plan includes:
- Being able to maintain a 1.5-metre physical distance
- Wearing PPE when physical support such as personal care is required
- Ensuring we have only one person present for every 4 square metres
- Reducing the number of clients transported at one time
- Screening clients via phone prior to providing drop-in support or community access
- Continuing excellent hand and respiratory hygiene
- Checking temperatures prior to entering a site, after lunch and before leaving a site
- Ensuring clients and staff stay home when unwell
- Following strict protocol if a client or staff member is confirmed with COVID-19.
When will my Day Program reopen?
Each Day Program is being assessed on a case-by-case basis determined by the size of the site and number of clients. You will be contacted by your supervisor shortly with more information.
As federal and state health authorities continue to update their advice, Challenge will provide support in a way that reflects the latest rules and advice to keep our clients and staff safe.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to supporting our clients to reach their goals with the reopening of our services.
Challenge Disability Services