Following the Prime Minister’s announcement last Friday (8 May) of the 3-Step Framework for a COVIDSafe Australia, we look forward to gradually resuming our face-to-face and centre-based services.
With the health and safety of our clients, carers, families, and staff foremost in our minds, we are preparing a Challenge COVIDSafe plan. The plan includes:
- Being able to maintain a 1.5-metre physical distance
- Ensuring we have only one person present for every 4 square metres
- Continuing excellent hand hygiene
- Checking temperatures of all customers and staff before entering a site
- Practising correct respiratory hygiene
- Ensuring customers and staff stay home when unwell.
The Challenge COVIDSafe plan will evolve as we move through the three steps outlined by the government, keeping in mind that New South Wales and Queensland will likely move at different times based on local conditions.
Unfortunately, some services will have to remain closed for now. We will let you know as soon as we can when these services can safely reopen.
To learn more about the 3-Step Framework for a COVIDSafe Australia, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Chief Executive Officer
Challenge Community Services